A patent grants the right to an inventor, by the federal government, to be the only one to produce his/her discovery or invention, to use it, to offer it for sale, to sell it, or to import it into the United States.
You can only be awarded a patent if your idea/discovery/invention has not been patented before, and if your new discovery is not too closely related or similar to a previous patented invention. A patent search is performed by a professional patent agency, such as InventHelp, to ensure that your idea is unique and no previous patents would be too similar.
You need a patent if you want to share and profit from your idea or invention. Without a patent, others can determine how you created this invention, and subsequently create it themselves. You would have no recourse against them without a patent. Also, without a patent, they in turn could seek a patent and keep you from producing the invention you came up with originally. In other words, it protects your idea, and allows you to sell the idea and profit from it.
It is essential that you always abide by the law, whether you are the creative force behind an idea, or maybe you are one of a few people responsible for a brand new product.
Anyone who has an idea that they want patented needs to get the help of a patent attorney or an patent agency like InventHelp; someone that can guide them through the process and liaise on their behalf.
According to the professional patent and attorney documentation, patent attorneys specialized in the representation of clients in gaining patents. They also act on behalf of individuals in all matters and procedures related to patent law and practice in the country.
What do they do?
- During preparation for a patent process the attorney must research and find out if there are any prior inventions that are similar.
- The lawyer must then ensure that he/ she is fully behind the individual who is patenting an idea or object.
- He/ she must determine who owns the rights to the various parts of the invention.
- He/ she drafts the patent application and works with the US law officials to resolve any questions pertaining to the specific patent.
- He/ she also licences the patent after it is approved.